The first bandstand in the Metamora Village Park was a wooden
octagonal structure. It was built about 1874 by Solomon W. Egbert, a
native of Brown County in Ohio, who came to Metamora in l862 and
engaged in the carpenter trade. The bandstand was erected in the
center of the park where the present cobblestone bandstand is
At a cost of $265 it was built 18 feet tall with a storage area
below. Metamora's Firemen used the storage area for their equipment.
In the summer of 1931 when major repairs would to be too costly, the
decision was made to replace the bandstand which had served the
public for 57 years.
Photo submitted by Shirley A. Adams. Another photo of the wooden
bandstand can be purchased in our Vintage Notecard Series.