the razing of the wooden speaker’s stand, a new cobblestone
entertainment platform was erected during the summer of 1954. The
cobblestone look was built to match the bandstand. The platform
serves as both a speakers rostrum and an entertainment center. Like
the bandstand, it was built mainly by generous contributions from
local organizations and private citizens. The structure was
completed in time for Old Settlers’ Days on August 4th through the
of the new platform was made by Ray J. Schertz of the Metamora
National Bank with Mayor Chris Wiedman accepting the gift on behalf
of the Village.
In June of
1998 workmen covered the platform with a slant roof.
History and photo submitted by
Shirley A. Adams.