The creamery business was started in 1902
by Charles R. Klumpp and sons. The Metamora Herald reported that
6000 pounds of butter were turned out in May of 1910 and Mrs. Klumpp
(Emilie) expected the output to reach 7000 pounds during the month
of June. Above is a picture of the creamery located
at the corner of Spring and Chatham streets. The house still stands
today. The creamery business functioned until about 1912 at which
time Mr. Klumpp transferred to Peoria.