Restoration of the Villiger Blacksmith shop began in August 2003 .....


When the fiber board siding is removed, the original  gray vertical barn board remains.

Initials were found carved into one of the boards and preserved by the fiber board siding. This was most likely a couple from the 1920's.


The old coal door was discovered. The width is only 16".

The siding is washed, painted and replacement lap molding installed.

The original sign was returned to the front of the shop.

Lady Blacksmith fires up the forge for visitors in the fall of 2004.



Jos. Villiger, Blacksmith


Old Postcards & Valentines

Events & Other Links